Athlete of the Month – April Jones
Athlete of the Month
1) What brought you to CF? I tried several gyms and workout plans, which none of them felt like a true challenge. I wanted to experience a new type of workout that was out of my comfort zone.
2) What was your first impression and how has that changed? At first it was intimidating because I had never done Olympic style weight lifting. It has changed immensely, I never thought I would have over 100lbs over my head or able to lift over 200lbs from the ground.
3) What was your first highlight? My first highlight was on a one rep max day of deadlifts. We kept adding weight and Paula said here try this and I was able to lift 245lbs like it was nothing. I never imagined I’d be able to lift that amount ever!
4) What are you working on now? Currently I am just working to stay in shape, it is a little hard now since I am continuing to grow bigger in my journey in becoming a mother. After the pregnancy, I will continue 100% in the gym with Crossfit and continue to strive for new goals.
5) What is your favorite Jaguar memory? There are so many great Jaguar memories I have. From accomplishing my one rep Max to participating in my first Murph to gaining endurance I never thought I would have. I have also met some great people on my Crossfit journey!
2020 03 01