The 2018 CrossFit Open is almost here! Here is how to participate like a pro!
Dave Castro has already given us a taste of what is to come with new standards (18.0 anyone?) and what possible equipment will be needed. Some boxes were thrown off in 2017 with the use of dumbbells in a few workouts, what will this year bring?
But, before we even go there, you might ask… WHAT IS THE OPEN!?!
GREAT QUESTION! Click here for the immediate answer:
The Open is a five-week, five-workout online competition that unites CrossFit athletes all over the globe in the first stage of the season. You can do it just for the fun of it, to see where you stack up with other CF athletes all over the world or to go farther and get to Regionals or even the Games. The Open is true to its name. Open to any and everyone. AND there are multiple divisions: RX, Scaled and Masters!
Ok, so now you know… How do you register?
HOW DO CROSSFIT JAGUAR ATHLETES GET READY FOR THE OPEN?
- Register!! Did we mention that already? Make sure to sign up under Team CrossFit Jaguar. We are also the “affiliate”.
- Come to our Open Watch Party every Thursday night CrossFit Jaguar! We’ll stream the LIVE announcement by CrossFit Games Director Dave Castro at 8:00 PM. Bring a chair and keep your fingers crossed for a fun workout!
- Reserve your heat time for our Friday Night Lights Event!
- Make sure you have a judge if you are not able to attend during FNL. Want to be an official CF Open Judge? Complete the Judges Course and be able to judge anyone from our box to a Games-bound drop-in!
- Review the standards for each WOD to ensure that there is no miscommunication between you and your judge!
- GET GOOD SLEEP. MOBILIZE. HYDRATE. AND HAVE FUN!
WHAT IS FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS??
Every Friday for five weeks we will host Friday Night Lights starting at 5:30 pm. All Open participants will be divided into teams and will complete their workouts alongside each other. We get to come together as a community and have fun/sweat together. We will go over ALL of the movements and confirm heats before we get started. Bring your friends and family to cheer you on! Make sure to stay around to help out and judge others. The night will go smoother the more help we have.
NEW TO FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
Each Friday TWO of our coaches will go HEAD-TO-HEAD! Get behind your coaches for some fun competition!
IMPORTANT: If you can’t make it to one of these times, it’s your responsibility to organize a one-on-one session with one of our coaches/judges.
It is your responsibility to enter your score at games.crossfit.com before Monday 8:00 pm EST. These are the CrossFit Games rules. There are no exceptions. If you miss a deadline, you will not receive a score for that workout. We have up to three days to validate them. If you do a WOD outside of CF Jaguar (on vacation), you still need to submit your score on time, but THAT AFFILIATE must validate your score.
DROP IN ATHLETES
Thank you for choosing CF Jaguar to do the Open WOD! We know you could go anywhere and we are happy that you are here! Since Open season is popular for people dropping in, we want to make sure we can accomodate you AND be fair to our members. Please fill out our waiver in advance and let us know if you need any additional time. Click here to